Soft Water vs. Reverse Osmosis Systems - Do I Need Both?
A Soft Water and Reverse Osmosis System Compared
Reverse osmosis systems and water softeners have two different purposes. A reverse osmosis system purifies water by filtering out lead, nitrates, pesticides, sediment, and various other contaminants. But does a reverse osmosis system soften water? Well, it does to some degree because it removes some magnesium and calcium that cause hardness staining and corrosion. Although this results in extra wear on the membrane used to filter the water, water that has been purified through a reverse osmosis system:
- Tastes better since impurities that can cause an unpleasant taste are removed
- Is crystal clear and free from smell
- Is better for your health and will not aggravate allergies
- Is environmentally friendly since no chemicals are used in the process and plastic waste is reduced if you drink less bottled water.
A water softener removes the magnesium and calcium that cause the hardness, staining, and corrosion. This process:
- Reduces the unpleasant scum that is caused by limescale
- Prevents your pipes and appliances from becoming clogged with limescale so they will work better and don’t need to be repaired or replaced as often
- Ensures soap and detergents work much better so you, your clothes, and your dishes are much cleaner at less cost
- Makes skin and hair appear healthier
- Helps skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
Do You Need Both Soft Water System & Reverse Osmosis?
Soft Water & Reverse Osmosis System Specialists
Water for your life.
Clean, pure water Wherever you are
Water Treatment Systems, Softening, Filtering, Bottled Water, PFAS Solutions and more . . .