Water Odor Removal & Filtration in West Michigan
Learning how to remove odor from water means knowing what causes it. Iron makes up about 5% of the earth, and whatever type of iron your water has, it likely will challenge you.
Gordon Water in Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Rockford, and Portage carries solutions from both Kinetico and Hellenbrand Iron Filters, with the Hellenbrand Storm leading the way in its iron and water odor removal.
Types of Iron in Water:
Clear Water Iron (Ferrous Iron): Transparent and undetectable to the naked eye.
Red Water Iron (Ferric Iron): Suspended particle coloring water in a cloudy, yellow to reddish color.
Iron Combinations: occasionally, iron can combine itself to organic compounds such as tannins. Tannins can add a level of complexity to water filtration solutions, but by working with both Kinetico and Hellenbrand, we can offer some of the best solutions available.
Iron Bacteria: the natural nuisance that feeds on iron and plugs pipes and appliances.
Hydrogen Sulphide Gas (Rotten Egg Smell): If iron and odor are together, then many times the iron filtration will help reduce the scent as it removes the iron. If the odor is the main issue, then the Kinetico Sulphur Guard is the best answer. Whether Rust or Odor, we will present you with effective options to solve your water problems.
Hellenbrand Iron Curtain Filtration
- Chemical free: no Potassium permanganate, no Salt, no Chlorine and lower operating costs.
- Guards against iron stains, iron tasting water, and rotten egg odor, extending the life and efficiency of processing and heat exchange systems.
- Two tank system provides higher flow rates than the competition.
- A wide range of system designs is available to meet both your service flow rate and backwash rate requirements (the two most critical elements of filtration design).
Hellenbrand Promate Iron Jr. Storm
- Our ProMate 6 Iron Curtain Jr Storm single tank iron filter is an economical option for moderate iron and sulfur (rotten egg odor)
- It utilizes ozone technology for effective water odor removal
- Ecologically friendly – no harmful chemicals
- Saves time and money cleaning rust stains in the bathroom, kitchen, and laundry, clothing will be brighter and whiter.
- Superior flow technology with the VortechTM plate means less water used to backwash the system.
Kinetico Sulfur Guard Water Filter
- Kinetico water filters and systems will eliminate impurities, restoring your water to the purest state.
- These filters provide a turnkey remedy for handling foul-smelling “rotten egg” water once and for all.
- Unlike other systems that use multiple treatment stages and are expensive, cumbersome, and complex to maintain, with a Kinetico Sulfur Guard® Water Filter, there’s not much to do but enjoy your water.
Removing Iron & The Problems It Causes
Iron is one of the most common elements and is an important part of life. But if it’s in your water, whether a municipal supply or well water, it can be a nuisance and a frustrating problem.
Iron stains are a particular problem and can affect your clothes, your fixtures, and even your hair. If you have iron bacteria, it can create a slimy build-up in tanks and pipes that can eventually cause full or partial blockages. There can also be a smell similar to rotting vegetation and that will be unpleasant in your home.
Iron is often present alongside sulfur and its characteristic rotten eggs odor will add to the problem. Fortunately, these problems are relatively easy to solve using our comprehensive water filtration and treatment systems. This involves us investigating why it is that your water softener smells bad, this may or may not be in combination with bad taste as well.
We can provide a free water test to assess the extent of your problem and then install a system that may comprise a combination of filters and treatments. The result will be water that’s free of contaminants, without smell and with a pure taste. And it all happens automatically, will purify all your water and requires no maintenance other than the periodic changing of filters.